06 June 2015


                                                        TEARS
TEARS



I strolled unaccompanied all the way and reached the bridge. I stood there quietly. The cool breeze adored me. I felt as if my heart was waiting for this solitude. It did not even seek my permission. I said,‘ No, please don’t, live deep in my heart and don’t leave me’. But it broke all barriers and made an exit from the eyes. Tears, I call it golden tears, it slide down from my eyes, made way through my cheek and was about to drib down but from nowhere the wind blew and my hair curtained my tears. The river water rushed and I watched it standing on the bridge. My tears made a suicidal attempt and merged with the river. I lost track of my tears but something in me provoked me to cry aloud. I did so, since there was no one to hear me except for the chirping birds waiting for the dusk. I felt pity, ‘Why to suffocate and tie the tears in the heart, why to chain them in me’? I liberated them from the prison of my heart. But now I felt empty. My sweet saline tears left me and got lost in the river. It bade farewell to me.I was still there alone, standing on the bridge searching my tears in the current of river water.

1 comment:

  1. Tears are not mere liquid. They carry human emotions. be it joy or sorrow, they express it all. Thank you mam for portraying it picturesquely. Truly marvelous.Congrats.....

    ReplyDelete